View Public Tours
How to create a folder
To create a folder, you must have a "My McCord" account.
A folder is a group of images that you have saved on the Museum Web site while searching the on line database or simply navigating the Web site.
Create a folder in 2 easy steps!
You can access our database of digitized images under the heading "Collection - Search". You can explore its contents by category (artist, type of object, theme, etc.). You can also find images directly by doing a quick keyword search or an advanced search (drop-down menu).
1. Select any images you want to add to your current images selection ( )
- Click on Select Image to select an image you are interested in.
- The images remain selected throughout your session on the McCord site. You can add as many images to the list as you like.
- Click on the ( ) icon at any time to display the images you have selected. The icon is on the menu beside the search box.
2. Save your selected images
Display your selected images by clicking on the ( ) icon on the menu beside the search box.
For each image, you can:
- View information by clicking on the magnifying glass
- Delete the image from your list by clicking on Delete Image
When your selected images are displayed, you have four choices:
To create a new folder, click on this option, fill in the folder, then click on the Save button. A screen appears on which you will be able to edit the folder's contents.
Add to Existing Folder
To add your selected images to an existing folder, click on this option, fill in the folder name, then click on the ADD button. A screen appears on which you will be able to edit the folder's contents.
To order reproductions of any of the images you have selected, click on this option, then fill in the text boxes. For more details, see How to order photographic reproduction.
To delete all selected images, click on this option. A confirmation message appears: click on Yes or Cancel, as you wish.
Important: Once the selected images have been deleted, your list of images is empty.