Quick search Help ?
(McCord collection only)
The On-line Collection
"Art Deco" Era (1920s and 1930s)
This selection of approximately 110 images illustrates the 1920s and 1930s, the era marked by the Art Deco movement. The influence of Art Deco was seen in particular in the changing fashions for women and the new trends in design and architecture.
- Dresses, coats, handbags, hats, parasols, jewellry, shoes, men's suits, cigarette cases, travel cases;
- Images and photographs of women, men and children in the 1920s and 30s
- Dance card;
- Sofa, toaster, broom, photographs of a radio and gas stove and of a woman and a washing machine;
- Photographs of display cases and shop windows with shoes, hats and a radio;
- Photographs of buildings in the Art Deco style.