MP-1977.93.11 | Property of Olivier Morin, flour mill, saw mill, and bridge, St. Pie de Bagot, QC, 1870
Property of Olivier Morin, flour mill, saw mill, and bridge, St. Pie de Bagot, QC, 1870
Anonyme - Anonymous
1870, 19th century
Silver salts on paper mounted on card - Albumen process
18 x 22 cm
Gift of Mrs. Marguerite Rounds
© McCord Museum
Keywords: Cityscape (3948) , Photograph (77678) , view (1387)
Keys to History
This photograph shows a flour mill and a saw mill in the village of Saint Pie de Bagot, Quebec. In the foreground we can see a covered bridge over the Yamaska River.
The first covered bridges made their appearance in 1805 in Philadelphia. Made of wood, this type of structure belongs to the large family of truss bridges. Covered bridges were very popular in Canada toward the end of the 19th century. Quebec alone had almost 1 000 of them.