MP-0000.816.11 | Church of the Holy Name of Jesus, St. Louis, Montreal, QC, about 1910

 
The most recent version of the Flash plugin must be installed
Get Flash Player
Creative Commons License
Print
Church of the Holy Name of Jesus, St. Louis, Montreal, QC, about 1910
1906-1914, 20th century
Coloured ink on paper mounted on card - Photolithography
8 x 13 cm
Gift of Mr. Stanley G. Triggs
MP-0000.816.11
© McCord Museum
Description
Keywords:  Architecture (8646) , Print (10661) , religious (1331)
Select Image (Your image selection is empty)

Visitors' comments

Add a comment

Keys to History

The Church of the Holy Name of Jesus was built in 1857-1858 to serve the village of St. Louis of the Mile End. At first just a "branch" of Notre Dame Parish, Holy Name of Jesus became a separate parish in 1867. Five parishes were subsequently split off from Holy Name of Jesus, making it a kind of mother parish for the north end of the city in 1900. A new, extraordinarily flamboyant façade was added in 1901-1902.