MP-0000.158.75 | Chemistry building, University of Saskatoon, SK, about 1927
Chemistry building, University of Saskatoon, SK, about 1927
Anonyme - Anonymous
About 1927, 20th century
Silver salts and transparent ink on glass - Gelatin dry plate process
8 x 10 cm
Gift of Mr. Stanley G. Triggs
© McCord Museum
Keywords: Architecture (8646) , educational (709) , Photograph (77678)
"Saskatoon: Saskatoon, on the South Saskatchewan River, is a little more than half-way between Winnipeg and Edmonton on the important branch line of the Canadian Pacific that connects those three cities. It is situated in the heart of a very rich agricultural district, for which it is the supply centre. Its growth has been very rapid, condensing into a shorter span of years than is even usually the case the characteristic development of the Western city. Less than twenty years ago Saskatoon was a tent settlement of a few score people; now it is a busy little metropolis of some 31,000.This is a view of the University of Saskatoon. In the foreground is seen the new Chemistry building with the Physics building to the right."
Excerpt from "ACROSS CANADA BY C. P. R.", Section 4--The Prairie Provinces; booklet, McGill University Illustrated Lectures, 1928.